Companies who are moving, or have discontinued operations are required to close all environmental permits associated with the facility and ARC Enterprises provides many years of experience in managing environmental closures of many different types of facilities. Environmental closure includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Closing the Hazardous Materials Business Plan (HMBP) – This requires submitting a Closure Plan to the local agency (CUPA) and following a prescribed process to ensure the facility has been left clean and without environmental liens or liabilities. ARC Enterprises has crews available to dispose of waste, move hazardous to a new location, segregation of hazardous chemicals at the new location (if applicable), and to decontaminate and decommission the facility.
- Closing Industrial Wastewater Discharge permits
- Closing Biohazardous Waste permits
- Closing Radioactive Use Licenses
- Terminating EPA Identification numbers
- Closing Air District permits
- Terminating Controlled Substances permits
Facility closures involve regulatory interaction as well as establishing an exit strategy between the landlord and tenants in order to achieve regulatory requirements. In some cases, the landlord or owner of a property may have requirements above and beyond those of the local authority. ARC Enterprises serves as the regulatory agency liaison, and supports all interested parties to ensure a safe, cost-effective, and compliant environmental closure of your facility.